Saturday, January 26, 2008

God Calls

God speaks, He is there calling to me all the time. But am I trying to hear Him? You may be in a crowded room and just hear all the noise, or you can focus on one voice and still hear. The voice hasn't changed, your focus has. Today He called to me by way of a marker in my Bible. I don't remember ever putting that in there. I don't remember when I highlighted those verses. But it got my attention, I mean "He" got my attention. The marker was in the book of Hosea, um when did I read the book of Hosea? This is the Living Bible, not the NIV that I use for church, or the NASB that I use for Precepts Bible study. So, when and why was I reading Hosea in this Bible? Well, it really doesn't matter. God called me to read it today. Wow, take a look at those verses: "Hear the Word of the Lord, O people of Israel." (this is important, pay attention)"The Lord has filed a lawsuit against you listing the following charges: There is no faithfulness' no kindness, no knowledge of God in your land. You swear and lie and kill and steal and commit adultery. There is violence everywhere, with one murder after another. That is why you land is not producing; it is filled with sadness, and all living things grow sick and die; the animals, the birds, and even the fish begin to disappear. Don't point your finger at someone else, and try to pass the blame to him!. ..... My people are destroyed because they don't know me..." When I first read this I thought "wow, this sounds like the world today. They are unfaithful, they lie, they steal, they commit adultery." That is true but that is not why He wanted me to read these verses today. Its not "they" "they" "they". Its "me". True, I haven't killed anyone and my husband is the only one in my life. But have I put other things before loving my husband? Have I spent more time with my computer than with him? (adultery) Have I spent money on frivolous stuff and then concealed it from him? (stealing and lying) Have I put email higher on my priority list than quiet time with the Lord? (adultery, unfaithfulness) And those words in vs4 "don't point the finger at someone else" woa, can't just skim thru that. Okay, Lord, you got my attention. But geepers, I don't think I can fix all of this. But with you I can. I had other verses highlighted on those 2 pages. Chapter 6 vs3 "Oh, that we might know the Lord! Let us press on to know Him, and He will respond to us as surely as the coming of dawn or the rain of early spring." and vs6 "I don't want your sacrifices -- I want your love' I don't want your offerings -- I want you to kow Me." He calls me with a loving heart. I can just feel the disappointment I have caused Him. But I also know that there is joy in my returning to Him. How deep the love of God.

No comments: