Thursday, January 31, 2008

Put These Abilities To Work

Wow, He really knows how to call and how to encourage. Here I am ready to head out to the Rescue Mission to do wome more decorating. I am really concerned about this project. My plan is to do some relief stenciling. I have cut the stencils, but because this is for relief I had to use thick plastic and burn the design. That left very rough edges and I have spent quite a bit of time cleaning those up. I don't know how this stencil will work out. How easy will it be to fill in the areas that had to be the bridges in the stencil? Are my openings too big? Are the spaces between too small? Will the stencils hold up to the plaster? This is a big room. And my biggest concern - will I hold up? I have to work on ladders, up and down, up and down - 10 feet high ! I am dreading this but willing to do it because that is what I feel I am suppose to do. So, here I am, all packed up, ready to call to have the ladder made available - basically commiting myself to the project today. I sit down here and open my Bible.

"Be sure to use the abilities God has given you ...Put these abilities to work; throw yourself into your tasks so that evweryone may notice your improvement and progress. Keep a close watch on all you do and think. Stay true to what is right and God will bless you and use you to help others." 1Timothy 4:14-16

Those words just popped out at me when I opened up. Coincidence? I think not! My eyes immediately teared up. My God knows me, and He knows my fears. Yes, I am encouraged that He will be with me thru this task. But what is even more important to me is that He loves me so much that He speaks to me, when I listen, and touches me. He is my Father thru and thru. What an AWESOME gift.

No comments: