Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Here are My directions

Can you get any clearer than that? 1Timothy 2:1 "Here are My directions: Pray much for others; plead for God's mercy upon them; give thanks for all He is going to do for them." (LB) This is not something on God's wish list. It is a command. I'm sure He isn't looking for lip service here either. He wants up to bear it in our hearts. When we feel for others, connect to them in the heart, lift their needs to Christ, we are bonding the family of God. I stop and think of how my heart has cried out, at times, for others to know Him or to be touched by God. At times that cry has come from the gut full of desperation and pleading. Is that any different from what Jesus does on my behalf each and every day? Does He moan with aching when I stray? Do tears come to His eyes when I don't listen to His call? And does His eyes tear up with joy when I seek His will and DO it? His love for me is sooo much deeper than I can ever fathom. My love for others pales in comparison. But the more I love others, the more of a glimpse I get of His love, the more open I become to be filled with His love. A sponge can be used to soak up moisture but it also can be used to squeeze our moisture. I have soaked up His love, now I mus let that love out on others - He will replenish it. "This is good and pleases God our Savior, for He longs for all to be saved and to understand this truth: That God is on one side and all the people on the other side, and Christ Jesus, Himseld man, is between them to bring them together by giving His life for all mankind. This is the message which at the proper time God gave to the world. And I have been chosen - this is the absolute truth - as God's minister and missionary to teach this truth to the Gentiles, and to show them God's plan of salvation through faith" 1Timothy 2:3-7 We have all been chosen, as believers, to be missionaries, to reach out and share His love. Here are your directions.

No comments: