Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the Glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea." Habakkuk 2:14 Can't you just picture this, standing before the vast oceans. The mighty roar of the waves,the horizon that goes on and on, making your own thoughts small and trivial. We see His glory in His creation and yet many do not know Him. The time will come that even they will see and know His Glory. But will it be too late? Habakkuk wrote this while surrounded with corruption and despair. Yet he was able to see beyond the misery, filth, betrayal. He saw the redemption that is to come. He saw the hope. "Even though the fig trees are all destroyed, and there is neither blossom left nor fruit, and though the olive crops all fail, and the fields lie barren; even if the flocks die in the fields and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will be happy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18 Not only do I want and cling to that hope, but I want others to have that hope as well. Lord, help me to be usable by you to reach the hearts of those without hope.

No comments: