Thursday, February 07, 2008

"It is He who saved us and chose us for His holy work, not because we deserved it but because that was His plan long before the world began - to show His love and kindness to us through Christ.... Hold tightly to the pattern of truth I taught you, especially concerning the faith and love Christ Jesus offers you. " 2Timothy 1:9,13 God's master plan included me, with all my faults and weeknesses. He knew me so He equipped me to fit in His plan. Why me? I totally don't deserve it. I see that Paul, in his letter to Timothy, was thinking that same thing. Even Moses questioned God's choice of him. He wasn't a leader by any of today's standards, or even of those times. I always looked at my sister as the 'artist' in the family. So why am I used this way? Why have I been given the crown of a child of the King? I don't desreve any of it and I certainly would not of been chosen by anyone else for this life. Sally Klein O'Conner sings a song reflecting on the same thing.
"He wants improbable people for impossible tasks
Don’t assume He hasn’t gathered all the facts
Just trust that He’ll help you through all that He asks
Improbable people for impossible tasks "
I need to focus on what He wants me to do, remembering that I am sooooo not the right one to do this - without Him. The only reason I can be an artist, or a princess, is Him. That is so plain and simple and my head knows it so well but I put that aside at times and forget that I am sooo unworthy, untalented, improbable. Please let me never forget that and yet, when you call for me to do a task let me truly trust in the abilities you have given me. "Guard well the splendid, God-given ability you received as a gift from the Holy Spirit who lives within you." 2Timothy 1:14

No comments: