Thursday, February 21, 2008

Who do I serve?

"Paul, a bod-servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ, for the faith of those hosen ofGod and the knowledge of the truth which is accordign to godliness, in the hope of eternal life, which God, who canot lie, promised long ages ago, but at the proper time manifested, even His word in the proclamation wit which I was entrusted according to the commandment of God our Savior..." Titus 1:1-3 Bond servant - what does that mean? I am not sure but it makes me think... I have chosen to have a master. Well, in a way. God is Lord of all, but some of us have chosen to recognize that and live as His servants. But, do I? In my mind and heart the answer is 'yes'. But do I live that way, daily. Do I act as though I am a servant - putting my master's desires before my own? I know that my master deserves the place of honor and I know that my master's leading, wisdom, orders, are the best. But do I live and act that way? As His servant I have been entrusted with the knowledge of godliness and the hope of eternal life. I have that knowledge but do I treat it with honor, as a special gift? I need this daily reminder to deny myself, stop serving me, and keep focused on Him, His desires, not mine. Why am I so often foolish and choose to follow my fleshly desires. How can I so easily turn aside from His path? Deep down in my heart, I want to follow Him, but I stray. "Choose this day whom you will serve" Today - Lord - help me follow, serve, You.

No comments: