Tuesday, February 19, 2008

No Lions but...

Finishing up the second book of Timothy, Paul speaks of his first time being brought before the judge. No one was there to help him, his friends had run away. Did he accuse those friends of being traitors? No. Did he accuse God of abandoning him? No He prayed that his friends would not be blamed for deserting him. And he stated that the Lord stood with him and that he was able to boldly preach an entire sermon "for all the world to hear". He did not look at the bleakness. He saw the opportunity that God had provided him to share the Gospel. He did not feel alone because he had a close relationship with God and could feel His presence. He saw it all as part of God's plan. How else could the message be shared with these people? "Yes, the Lord will always deliver me from all evil..." does not mean that the road will be an easy one. Paul was writing this from prison. So, did God deliver him from evil? Even in prison Paul was a witness for Christ. Wherever God leads me, I can be used of Him - IF I am focussed on Him so that I know His leading. Can I be as upbeat and cheerful, only seeing the good in His plan, as Paul was? I hope and pray that the answer is 'yes'. After all, as Paul wrote "He saved me from being thrown to the lions."

"To God be the glory forever and ever. Amen" 2Timothy 4:18

No comments: