Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Pray much

This morning I was, once again reading 2Timothy and there it was, again, "Pray much for others". I have been seeing some answered prayers lately and also learn of more prayer needs. I have been sending prayers up but now I am starting to think that I have been surface praying. Kind of like lip syncing. Saying the words, caring for them, but how much heart action have I put into it. I am doing a skit on Sunday about the Lord's prayer. I have done this skit before and on the surface it is a humorous lil thing but it does have some good points. But I think God is telling me that it is more true about my praying style than I want to acknowledge. I've had a bit of a knot in my gut about practicing this skit. And now I see why. God is calling me to a deeper prayer life. No more lip service.

No comments: