Tuesday, February 26, 2008

gee, I had this post all typed out this morning but then had computer trouble and lost it all. Oh well, I still had my time in the word Titus 2:11-15 It is about how we are to be denying ungodliness and worldly desires (ooo, that's a hard one) and to live sensibly, righteoulsy and godly in the present age. The last verse in this chapter "Thse things speak and exhort and reprove with all authority. Let no one disregard you." reminds us to stand firm, grounded in Him.

I have also had the lyrics to a song going thru my head that ties in well.

Give us clean hands, give us pure hearts
Let us not lift our souls to another (idol)

Oh Lord let us be a generation that seeks
that seeks your face, oh God of Jacob.

Jacob was not the ideal person, but God knew who he could become. A new name, Israel, and a new heart - he became a leader of God's people. Our God is a God of second chances. He offers us a new beginning.

No comments: