Sunday, February 03, 2008

I'm not worthy

We had a sweetheart dinner tonight (okay technically it is no longer Saturday, but let's just count this as such) and one of the speakers talked of someone saying that they were not worthy of the love of his family and wife. That got me thinking. I am not worthy of the love of my husband. You see, I know me, I know the inner me. I know that I am not worthy. But he loves me, me with all my faults. His love is a gift to me. It is God that has given that love, to him and to me. We were made for each other. That isn't just a cutsie phrase, it is fact. Before we were born we were in God's plan. He created us to be the perfect match for each other. Like puzzle pieces that have the right shape, and alone are not complete. THAT is God's gift to us. When I stop and think of it - I am so unworthy of such a gift. But so thankful for it.

No comments: