Friday, February 15, 2008

Leave nothing undone

Yesterday's reading (yes, I did have some quiet time then but didn't journal about it) again spoke of teaching God's Word. "And so I solemnly urge you before God and before Christ Jesus... to preach the Word of God urgently at all times, whenever you get the chance, in season and out, when it is convenient and when it is not." 2Timothy 4:1-2 So I am still seeing God keep this teaching idea on the front burner of my life. I have already sought out a place to teach. Now I am waiting on God's timing. But God is not calling me to only take this message for meaning Sunday School teaching. As I reread these verses today He highlighted the second part of verse 2 ".... encourage them to do right and all the time be feeding them patiently with God's Word." Feeding them, like a baby, little bits here and there. And then my eyes were brought back to chapter 3 "But you know from wathing me...You know what I believe and the way I lie and what I want. You know my faith in Christ..." My every movement, word, and lack thereof is teaching. Lord, please help me not be an obstacle to your love. Please help me use every opportunity to show YOU to others. May I look back and say as Paul did in 4:7 "I have fought long and hard for my Lord, and through it all I have kept true to Him."

My eyes tear up as I read "Stand steady, and don't be afraid of suffering for the Lord. Brind others to Christ. Leave nothing undone that you ought to do." "My time has almost run out." My mind wanders in many directions. I am going to visit two different loved ones, both facing cancer. One, strong in the her faith, having had surgery the other day for a reoccurrance. The other one, not a believer, who is still recovering from surgery 6 months ago. I don't know if the scripture reading today is a glimpse into one of their lives or not. But I do know that as Paul urged solemnly to Timothy to preach God's Word, stand steady and not be afraid (whether that is about suffering or being ostracized for teaching God's Word)and he also said to LEAVE NOTHING UNDONE THAT YOU OUGHT TO DO. Those are my marching orders. God help me.

No comments: